Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pallet Garden

I adore flowers.

The problem is that I do NOT have a green thumb, as I think I may have mentioned before.  Not only that, I am forgetful, and I forget to water the poor things.  By the time I realize it, the neglected flowers are usually dried up and dead.

Every year I say it's going to be different...but this year I really mean it!!! 



My Mom brought in a pallet and dirt when she was visiting, and then took my kids to pick out flowers.  They planted a pallet flower garden!  It is beautiful and so much love went into it.  My Mom and my kids had SO MUCH FUN!  I was surprised that my Big Guy, being 9 and all, really loved picking out the flowers and planting them.

Here are some photos of the process.

















We have to let the pallet lay flat as pictured for 2 weeks, then we can stand it up.  It is adorable already, standing up it will look amazing!  I can't wait!

I will update you with a picture when we stand it up, and also for proof that I am, in fact, watering my flowers:-)


 
Have you ever planted a pallet garden?  Let me know...I would love to see some pictures!



4 comments:

  1. Is it only landscape fabric on the back? Or is there a piece of plywood back there? Regardless, it's beautiful! I'd love to plant trailing plants this way or use it for strawberries or veggies! Thanks for sharing, found you on Today's Creative's FB post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I'd never seen that. But I'm with you - I'm the plant murderer, so lately I've converted everything to silk and even then I forget to dust them! I want to be the cool Grandma though and do fun stuff like this with my grandkids. Wish they lived a little closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love the idea of a pallet garden! Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete